The final version of the program for SOCALLT 2015 is in the works. In the meantime, here’s a preview of the sessions you’ll enjoy! This list is subject to additions and deletions.
Our keynote speaker this year is Dr. David McAlpine, Professor Emeritus of Spanish and Second Language Acquisition at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. He is also the 2014 recipient of the ACTFL Wilga Rivers Award for Leadership in Foreign Language Education, Higher Education. Dr. McAlpine has served as President of the Arkansas Foreign Language Teachers Association, Board Chair of the Central States Conference on the Teaching of Foreign Languages, and was 2012’s President of the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages.
In addition to Dr. McAlpine’s keynote address, here’s a sampling of engaging and informative presenters you’ll be hearing from:
- Special Panel Discussion with Language Resource Center Directors
- Joshua Blaylock, Voicethread in the French Language Classroom
- Ryan Culpepper, Scavenger Hunt Around Town
- Georges Detiveaux, Taking the Plunge: Online Language Teaching
- Thomas Garza, Flipping the Classroom: Online Modules for Proficiency
- Nancy Guilloteau, UT French Mooving Online
- Merete Leonhardt-Lupa, Language Learning in the Swedish Online Project and Language Instruction
- Patricia Kyle Mosele, So, I Flipped My Language Class… Now What? The Virtual Immersion Experience
- Ralph Porankiewicz, 21st Century Cloud Learning
- Margarita Alix Rodriguez, Online but Not Alone
- Louise Stoehr, Tablets in the Classroom: A Work in Progress
- Caryn Witten, Study Abroad and Spanish Second Language Acquisition from Native and Non-native Speaker Perspectives
Again, this list is tentative and subject to change. A final program will be posted and shared as soon as possible.