SOCALLT 2012: Success Stories in the 21st Century Foreign Language Class: Transforming Teaching & Learning with Technology, University of Colorado – Boulder, April 13-14, 2012
Please continue to check this page for regular updates about SOCALLT 2012!
- Call for Papers (now closed)
- Registration – now open here!
- Lodging – see below
- Final Schedule of Sessions – now available here!
- Conference Program – coming soon (late March)
- Connecting & presenting on campus (see below)
- Vendors / Exhibitors / Sponsors – see info below, registration now available!
- Airport Shuttle – see below
- Traveling to Boulder – see below
- Boulder, CO
The conference hotel is the Hotel Boulderado (1 mile from campus)
Conference rates: 1 Queen $ 149 (10 rooms) | 2 Queen $ 169 (5-10 rooms) | 1 King $ 179 (5 -10 rooms) NB: For conference rates, mention booking ID #10963 (call toll free: 800.433.4344).
We are planning a welcome reception for Thursday evening before the conference officially begins.
- Q’s Corner Bar, at the Hotel Boulderado
- Thursday, April 12, 2012, from 5:00-8:00pm
- some appetizers provided by ALTEC, additional food/drink paid by attendees
Connecting & Presenting on Campus
UC-Boulder is equipped with an open high-speed WiFi network. All SOCALLT attendees will have access to free WiFi during the conference. Connection instructions will be provided in your packet you’ll receive at check-in. Presenters are asked to bring their own laptop to present from. Rooms will be equipped with a projector and screen. Mac users should remember to bring any special cables/dongles needed to connect to LCD projectors.
Vendors, Exhibitors, & Sponsors
SOCALLT thanks its generous sponsors and vendors without whom our conferences wouldn’t be possible. If you’d like to showcase your latest products useful in language teaching & learning, register as an exhibitor at the registration site (only $50!). Exhibitors will be provided two days of conference registration, and, in a high-traffic area where the conference takes place, a table, two chairs, electrical connection, and WiFi access.
We are also in dire need of sponsorship! Please contact SOCALLT President Georges Detiveaux, Georges.J.Detiveaux@LoneStar.edu, if you are able to donate prizes (books, CDs, DVD-Roms, trial memberships, copies of software, etc.) to be raffled at the end of each conference day. Additionally, if you are able to sponsor a coffee break ($75), a lunch ($200), or a dinner ($400), notify SOCALLT President Georges Detiveaux, Georges.J.Detiveaux@LoneStar.edu, and you will receive top billing in the conference program, both in print and on the web.
Travel from Denver International Airport
Denver is about an hour’s drive from Boulder. Here are some options for getting to Boulder:
- Car rental: All major car rental companies have service at the airport.
- Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport. One way to Boulder is about $80.
- SuperShuttle: SuperShuttle is a nationwide service that runs from Denver to Boulder, including the possibility of being dropped off at the conference hotel. About $27 one way.
- Public bus: There’s a city bus service to/from the airport. It’s called the CityBus RTD. One way is about $13.
We are planning TWO excellent keynote addresses, one on each day!
Maps & Distances for your reference
(A) Hotel in relation to CU campus (B) Denver Airport in relation to Boulder
(A) STRIP MAP, HOTEL BOULDERADO – CU CAMPUS, LOCATION OF 2012 SOCALLT CONFERENCE (A–>B = 1 mile)
(B) STRIP MAP, DENVER INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT AND BOULDER, CO (A–>B = 42 miles)